Piecework is looking for a Director of Product Development
We’re a female-founded puzzle company focused on creating beautifully-designed, coffee-table-worthy jigsaws. We believe that life is meant to be enjoyed — it’s important to slow down and savor the moment — and have dedicated ourselves to quality time in the great indoors.
About Our Director of Product Development
We are looking for a high-energy, experienced Director of Product Development to expand our product offering and drive Piecework to the next level of success. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in a senior production role for CPG businesses, with experience in product manufacturing, 3PL oversight, and freight management. We need a hands-on leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit and can work and adapt to a fast-growing and fast-changing environment.
- Lead, create, and execute product development and strategy to support the company’s quarterly and annual goals with products and concepts that align with the vision and mission of Piecework
- Work cross-functionally to develop, manage, and achieve the annual product development financial plan to drive an overall increase in market penetration and product margin goals
- Facilitate the existing sample program for owned-categories to support cross-functional pre-launch needs
- Manage product development: sourcing, sampling, and final product delivery
- Support product launches by tracking, maintaining and managing PO, production & quality milestones & proactively troubleshoot problems
- Act as primary point of contact with factories and vendors: Manage vendor communication for pre-production, production and post-ship deadlines, via email, video call and our SRM software
- Oversee all logistics and future freight partners working directly with manufacturing partners, freight forwarders, customs brokers, and warehouse team
- Manage inventory, working closely with finance for inventory forecasts
- Working with finance, maintaining target margins, including cost negotiations, inventory valuation, reviewing freight quotes, warehouse fees, etc.
- Support partnerships and compliance:
- Manage all open orders with key account partners, ensuring accurate purchasing and assurance of fulfillment pipeline
- Oversee and manage custom products (product collaborations) and partners
- Manage domestic and international compliance and auditing for products
- 5+ years of production experience at a CPG brand Knowledge of the product life cycle
- Experience with Excel, Inventory Management System and/or ERP is preferred
- Experience working directly with factories/vendors
- Experience working directly with freight forwarders and import brokers
- Experience working directly with 3PL/fulfillment partners
- Excellent organizational skills and an adaptable and hungry to grow mindset
- Resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
What Piecework Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO Policy
- Company-sponsored medical and dental
- An amazing culture, team, and mission
- Flexible work-from-anywhere policy
At Piecework, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.