Piecework is looking for a Chief Operating Officer!
Meet Piecework: a female-founded puzzle company focused on creating beautifully-designed, coffee-table-worthy jigsaws. We believe that life is meant to be enjoyed — it’s important to slow down and savor the moment — and have dedicated ourselves to quality time in the great indoors.
About Our COO
We’re looking for a passionate, strategic, and proactive Chief Operating Offer to help prepare our business for scale — and, in partnership with the team, to lead us through it.
Our COO will be the first member of Piecework’s executive team. We come from a branding and marketing background and are looking for a “right hand” that can oversee and optimize day-to-day operations, help vision-set for the future, and tactically activate forward-thinking initiatives.
The right candidate will be motivated by our high growth and ready to roll their sleeves up immediately — we’re a small team and everyone is expected to be hands on.
Our COO Will Own + Oversee...
General business oversight + strategic planning
- Establish operations norms (daily and across the business) and execute projects to meet them
- Offer valued perspective and insight into product development and company growth/expansion
Financial planning and analysis
- Oversight of bookkeeping, accounting, accounts receivable, invoicing, tax planning, etc.
- Financial health reports and all related tracking, monitoring and forecasting
- Goal-setting for performance/growth (monthly, quarterly, and annually + ownership of agenda)
- Ownership of supply chain and manufacturing (procurement and project management) — someone who can end-to-end support Piecework from product concept to launch
- Ownership around special product/service launches
Inventory management and oversight
- Systems, processing, reports and insights
- Demand planning
- Procurement and management of vendor relationships (e.g. warehouse, legal, insurance)
- Oversight of insurance, certification, licenses, etc.
Participation in expansion activities (investments, special projects, etc.)
- Help build out and manage a broad network of stakeholders, including staffing projects and brand partnerships
- Participate in developing proposals, statements of work, and agreements for business initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate Would...
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in operations and scaling a products-based business
- Have high financial and business acumen
- Have experience in oversight of supply chain and manufacturing processes
- Be driven and ready to bust through walls when needed
- Be proactive and enjoy problem solving and puzzles — pun intended!
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Excel at working in an independent environment
- Be interested in a long-term opportunity
- Be interested in helping craft a company culture that is supportive, diverse, creative, disciplined, and fun
Send an email to email@example.com with your first and last name and COO position as the subject. Please make sure your resumé is a pdf. Please also send 5 to 7 sentence answers to the following questions:
1.) What is your experience with oversight of product, supply chain, or manufacturing? What value do you think that will bring to Piecework specifically?
2.) What is the best system you’ve put in place during your career and why?
Competitive compensation and equity
Full-time with flexible hours possible